Importance Of Small Things
Small things! which make our life even much more joyous and fill us with positivity. Even if in many of the self help books it is often written to “enjoy the small things in life,” or that the “things that really make us happy are always free,” but even those words aren’t enough to make us understand that ‘How it actually works’.
Let’s take everything around us as an example…
- The time that’s passing while you’re reading this. Yes! a second was just born and died, it came after an end of trillions of seconds and was a start for the trillions of seconds that are yet to come. When those seconds join each other, they form hours, days, months, years and centuries. No matter how much insignificant a tiny second may seem, it has it’s own worth.
- The whole universe by which you are surrounded is made up of atoms. How many? well I don’t know that! but one thing is for sure that, without those tiny atoms, the universe would have just been an empty ‘Space’.
- A single tree means nothing, but hundreds and thousands of them form gigantic forests. All of them were once just saplings.
- When droplets of water unite, they form streams, when streams unite they form rivers and when rivers unite they give birth to oceans. All this just from drops of water.
- Or the alphabets! they come together and form novels, expressions and create miracles by expressing the thoughts and imagination of people. The above examples are just to signify the ‘Importance of small things’. However, these things also present a clear example that, no matter how much we deny the role of small things in our life, but still they have a visible impact on our health, thoughts and emotions.
What kind of small things?
Each day we witness many small things that can make us smile! But do we adore them?
Whether it be the chirping birds on your window or the games that small children play in neighborhood.
Breathe in the fresh morning air, wake up early and feel the joy, this makes life seem much longer,
Help someone! no matter how small is the help you did,
Have some small dreams and fulfill them,
Overcome small fears,
Make some small changes in yourself,
Complete small tasks,
Because these small things are altogether responsible for the big things in life.
Now some of the ‘Highly practical’ people among us may say that,
“What kind of uselessness is this?”
When you do small things, they give you the strength to do bigger ones, they make you much more confident about yourself, and don’t let you lose your hope when you fail.
Since, small things build the bigger ones, there’s no doubt about their influencing strength.
If you will wait to become a millionaire before you start helping others with your charity, you can never help others…till you become one,
If you’ll wait for your biggest dreams to be fulfilled to earn happiness. You never can…till you fulfill them,
If you want to overcome your biggest fear. You never will…unless you overcome the smaller ones,
Start doing things from the place where you are, in every possible manner
you can. Because the smallest deed of yours will give you the strength to
make the biggest one come true. And if you will wait for the right time,
and resources you’ll only feel disappointed for waiting.
“How can anyone dream to build the castle of his dreams if the person feels that just laying bricks on bricks is useless?”
A mountain seems impossible to climb if seen as a whole, but the same mountain will be under your feet if just focus on the small steps you take.
Don’t neglect the miracles that small things can make happen.
And be sure to have some small dreams to achieve, while you’re on the quest of achieving the bigger ones.
may God bless all! 🙂