The stuff on your mind can feel full and fuzzy. It consumes your attention and sucks your energy … unless you choose to resolve it or get rid of it.
Unloading helps you do that.
So, how do unload? Here are a few ways:
Ways that I used to hush the fuzziness in my head after twiddling with my emotions and making multiple attempts at organizing the chaos. Pick the ones that work for you.
You unload …
- … thoughts by writing them down
- … ideas by making them tangible (or giving them a form)
- … to-do lists by checking off the items
- … professional insecurities by working
- … a plan by committing to it (and starting)
- … pain by surrendering to it
- … a fear by facing it
- … distractions by noting them
And when you’re done – you walk around feeling lighter, easier, and less bogged down by stress, and less haunted unaccomplished plans.